Helpr Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Privacy Notice shows you what personal information we collect from you and how we make use of it and keep it secure. It is meant to be read alongside our “Website and Platform Terms and Conditions”. Those terms and conditions relate to your use of our website www.helpr.org.uk and the platform within it from which you can download apps if we give you access to them.
We can change this Notice at any time, so you should check this page regularly to see any updates. By using our website or making any contract or other arrangement with us, you agree to be subject to everything in this Notice. If you are under the age of 16, or if you are giving us information about someone under 16, please ensure you have your/his/her parent’s permission before you give us the information.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Notice are very welcome. Please write to us at Global House, 1 Ashley Avenue, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5AD or email [email protected] or telephone 01372 232 140.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your information and how we deal with it:
Who we are
We are Helpr Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under number 10218209. Our registered address is 591 London Road, Cheam, Sutton, Surrey, SM3 9AG. We provide personal care solutions to people in their private homes and sometimes in care homes.
Who you are
You might be:
- Website visitors or people who correspond with us and provide personal information to us in the course of making enquiries about our facilities and services by email, SMS, letter or through our Helpr website
- People seeking care, either for a relative or for someone else for whom and on whose behalf, they are requesting care services. We call people in this category “Care Owners”.
- People who receive the care services are called “Care Recipients”. Care Recipients who manage their own affairs may also be Care Owners.
- People who are able to provide care to Care Recipients. We call people who are (or want to be) carers “Care Partners”.
How do we collect information from you?
We will collect information about you that you have given us when:
- You send information to us through the website, or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail);
- We will also collect information you give us when you register to use the platform, download our apps and register to be a Care Partner or a Care Owner;
- When you register as a Care Recipient we will conduct a care assessment to assess your care needs. The information you give us in this assessment will be used to ensure the care provided to you as a Care Recipient is the care you need.
What type of information is collected from you?
If you are a Care Owner, a Care Recipient or a Care Partner, the information you give us may include:
- your name, address, photograph, e-mail address and phone number;
- your date of birth and age.
If you are a Care Owner or Care Recipient you will also be asked to provide us with:
- details about your health and any medication that has been prescribed for you;
- details of your GP;
- details of your housing situation;
- debit and credit card information;
- your mobile device's phone number and other registration information that may be personal data.
For Care Owners, Care Recipients or Care Partners, we may also collect some information about the computer or mobile device that you use to visit our website or access our apps, details of how you use our apps or website and information about which pages of our website or features of our apps are accessed and when.
How is your information used?
We (and our representatives) use information held about you for the purposes of:
- carrying out our obligations under the terms and conditions and this Notice;
- authorising payments and/or a receipt to you;
- maintaining the account you hold with us;
- ensuring that our apps and website are presented in the most effective way for you and your computer;
- providing you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such a purpose;
- notifying you about any changes to our platform, apps or website; and
- record-keeping and tracking your use of our platform, apps and website.
We will keep registration and care information for 12 months following the date that you notify us that you will no longer be using our app. We keep this data purely to help resolve any disputes that may arise in this time.
If you are a Care Partner, we may need to send you emails to update you on working practices. These emails are necessary to ensure that the standard we expect from each Care Partner is maintained.
Who has access to your information?
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
If you are a Care Partner, we will share your email address, first name and surname and the city you live in with our training partner in order for you to be registered for access to their site (http://helpr-hub.org.uk). Additionally, Care Owners and Care Recipients for whom you have accepted care assignments will be able to see your photograph, first name and surname. You will be asked by Helpr to give your specific consent for this to happen.
You consent to us transferring your information to third parties:
- if we buy or sell any business or assets to a third party, or as part of any business restructuring or organisation;
- if we have a legal duty to disclose or share your data;
- in order to enforce or apply the Website and Platform Terms and Conditions, this Notice or the contract you (if you are a Care Owner) have entered into with Helpr Limited;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of Helpr Limited, our Care Owners or Care Recipients, as well as our Care Partners;
- if we consider ourselves to be under a legal duty to report any conduct to the relevant authorities in connection with any safeguarding issue affecting any Care Recipient; or
- if we need to disclose the information in connection with a complaint or investigation in relation to your use of our platform, apps or website.
You can choose to switch off cookies in your browser settings but if you do you may notice a loss of functionality when using our app or website.
Where is your information stored?
Your information is stored on our database with Amazon Web Services. Where data is communicated between our database and any app, SSL certificate is used to prevent unauthorised access.
You are responsible for keeping the password you use to access our app confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
How you can access and update your information
It is important that the information we hold about you is accurate so if you change any of the details listed in the section What type of information is collected from you? above, please let us know. You can do this by emailing on [email protected], writing to us at Global House, 1 Ashley Avenue, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5AD or telephoning us on 01372 232 140.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Helpr Limited holds about you. Please contact us on the details above to make this request.